Thursday 8 January 2015

Finally got that working...

This is just a really quick note to say I have fianlly cracked installing an autocard app to my blog so now my links should pop up nice pictures of the cards I am talking about. To give credit where credit is due, I used the The Munson's App to get it up and running on Blogger, so a big thanks to them.

Currently I only have autocard links for my last blogpost, and will be making every post that features MtG cards from now on have autocard links too. I am aiming (time permitting) to go back and change the links in older posts so that they too conform to the new style. It has been my aim from the start to include an autocard, and now I have one, it seems a shame to not use it on all of them, but that is a time consuming process.

There is one oddity I have notcied currently with how the cards appear. Mostly they pop up just fine, but cards in sets from Journey into Nyx onwards pop up an empty box. I am currently not sure why this should be but I will do some investigating and try and find out what the score is there.

In other news, there is the upcoming Fate Reforged release, due at the end of this month. I have been eagerly following the spoilers as they have come out, and have my eye on one or two of the cards as potential bombs for Commander, in particular Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest:


I think this card has a whole host of potential as a general in Commander, and brings in the Jeskai wedge colours nicely. I did have a copy of the Jeskai legend from Khans of Tarkir; Narset, Enlightened Master, and I was somewhat underwhelmed so she got traded away. I felt I had to jump through too many hoops to make her work, and this is where I feel Shu Yun looks a much better selection. Same body, better ability and Prowess. Yes he loses Hexproof and First Strike but I still prefer him.

All of this musing got me thinking... I might actually do something of a set review for Fate Reforged, looking at them through the lense of Commander. Obviously these will be entirely my opinion, and I am not too sure I am qualified to give it, but at least it will give me an outlet to talk about the card. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gareth,

    we've added one script to make new cards work, come back to our site to have a look at it and see if it's what you were looking for. Feel free to mail us and we'll try to support you if you're in trouble.

    Congrats for the site.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete